The Concept

Social networking, leadership, & business strategies on a fundamental level, hand delivered with an edge. (With a heaping side of whatever I find interesting!)

Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Speakers: Eric Mangini

Today, I spent an entire day soaking up some really great material! There's so much going on in my head, there were so many good speakers that made such an impact at the Get Motivated Seminar. I can barely keep it all straight in my head. Lucky for you, I kept notes ;)

I'd like to dedicate some time here to talking about a speaker who I was expecting little out of, but I was blown away by him, Head Coach of the Cleveland Browns, Eric Mangini. Mangini spoke a lot about motivating a team and leading them to success. He used a lot of quotes that I really liked, I'm just going to throw them all down at once here.
  • "Talent sets the floor, character sets the ceiling."

  • "Discipline isn't something you do to somebody, it's something you do for somebody."

  • "Every battle is won before it's fought."

  • "Each day you must choose, the pain of discipline or the pain of regret."

  • "The willingness to succeed is nothing without the willingness to prepare."

  • "Everybody has the capacity to lead in their own way."

  • The core values the applies to coaching the Browns: Communication, Focus, Finish, & Trust

  • "...each day they (referring to his players) get to write whats on 'their label'."

I have to say that I was really impressed with Mangini as a speaker, he shared some highly insightful information and I think I walked away from his segment with more information in my notepad than any other speaker!

No comments:

Post a Comment